1. What hurricane holds the record for smallest eye?
a: Wilma b: Andrew c: Allen d: Betty
2. What hurricane holds the record for longest endurance?
a: Alicia b: Cesar c: John d: Celia
3. What hurricane holds the record for being the largest storm in diameter?
a: Ingrid b: Erika c: Hugo d: Sandy
4. What Atlantic hurricane holds the record for traveling the furthest distance?
a: Cloe b: Matthew c: Faith d: Engelbert
5. What Atlantic hurricane holds the record for longest duration as a category 5?
a: Irma b: Otto c: Rita d: Charley
6. What year holds the record for the least amount of storms to form in a season?
a: 1983 b: 1990 c: 2012 d: 1969
7. Who is the individual that is given credit as being the first to name hurricanes?
a: Louis Huricain b: King Edward c: Clement Wragge d: Richard Nixon
8. Who is the individual given credit for being the first to fly safely through a hurricane?
a: Neal Armstrong b: Chuck Yeager c: Joseph Duckworth d: Amelia Earhart
9. What year holds the record for most named storms to form in one storm season in the Atlantic?
a: 1974 b: 2005 c: 1998 d: 2004
10. What hurricane holds the record for highest maximum sustained wind speed and lowest barometric pressure?
a: Allen b: Wilma c: Mitch d: Patricia
11. Where did the word ‘Hurricane” derive from?
a: Nickname of a famous Caribbean pirate b: Mayan god of wind and storm c: A mythical Norse sea creature
12. Hurricanes use to be given female names, but are now given male and female names. On what year did this begin?
a: 2000 b: 1979 c: 1998 d: 1986